Thursday, November 16, 2006

Life List

I just got done entering my Life List on the Ellen DeGeneres Show website. I could enter up to fifty life wishes and then I got to explain the reasons for my top three. I submitted the whole thing before realizing that it might have been a good idea to save a copy for myself, but I'll write this off of memory.

My list of 21 included things like, bungee jump, meet Wil Wheaton, see a Broadway play, etc. but I'd like to tell you my top three and explain them. These are the things that I'd love to happen in my life:

1. Star In a Movie
Ever since I was nine years-old I have wanted to be a movie actress. I've dreamed of playing adventurous, yet challenging roles like those of Marty McFly or Peter Pan, but the closest I've gotten is the female sheriff in the community melodrama. Oye, melodramas, you shall be the death of me.

I've always been an artistic soul, going through stages of wanting to draw, paint, sclupt, and sing, but along with photography, acting is a passion I will never be able to let go of. It's too deep in my heart. I want to make movies with heart and prove my skills as a convincing actor. I know I have the talent, but I've never had the means to just go out to Hollywood, search for an agent, and begin the gruelling audition process. I've always been a little afraid of it too.

2. Have My Own House and Income
By many definitions, I am a bum. I live with my parents and I don't have a "real" job. I make a minimal amount of money with my photography and off of my CafePress site, but that's it. My parents have been wonderful in supporting my dreams and allowing me to live off of them at the age of twenty. I'd love nothing more than to be able to support myself and have nice little house with my dear, sweet pets.

3. Be a Positive Influence and/or Save Someone's Life
It's the ultimate selfless act. I'd love to change someone's life for the better just by doing what I do. I'd love to touch someone's heart with my photography (I have been blessed to do so recently, but that's another blog). I'd love to save another's life. As a Christian I'm taught to love everyone and be selfless toward others. To be able to effect someone's life for the better would be so rewarding and such a blessing.


Apparently this whole Life List thing is so Ellen can make some people's dreams come true. I know it's quite the long shot to be one of those chosen, but I can dream, can't I? That's what it's all about, after all.

1 Comments:

Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

You may save someone's life and never know it. Several years ago, a friend asked me to go for a ride with him. As he drove, he handed me his journal, in which he had detailed all sorts of illicit sexual escapades. I read page after page in silence as he gripped the steering wheel. Finally I said, "I can understand where you're coming from, because I've had some of these same sorts of feelings." Several days later he told me that if I had responded negatively or judgmentally, he would have dropped me off at my home and then driven his car into a brick wall at 90 mph.

Listen with your heart. You never know when your listening will save someone's life.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home