NaNoWriMo Day One
My cousin and I began our NaNo journey at 12:01am November 1st. Ellen was pretty nervous about it it seemed, but I just felt like letting it come, confident that I could easily make the word count. The only thing holding me back was the fact that I was dead tired from a day outside the house, exploring the countryside, running errands, and finishing up Halloween decorations. I really just wanted to go to bed and beging writing at a more decent hour, but I decided to stick with NaNo spirit and begin as soon as possible.
Ellen got off to a quicker start than I did, she was a typin' away as I struggled with a writing style. I deleted after two or three paragraphs of beginnings at least twice. For some reason, probably my fatigue, the story was coming off as really juvenile, not something I wanted. But finally, things began to fall into place and I was on my way. By around 1:30 Ellen and I had reached, even exceeded our minimal daily goal of 1667 words. We entered our word counts up to our NaNoWriMo pages and went to bed.
I woke up at 11:00am very happy that I didn't have a big word count goal ahead of me, I was feeling quite leisurely, happy that my day was free. Around lunch, I did decide to bump up my count to my ideal 2500 words, knowing that if I kept that count up each day, I'd be finished before the chaos of Thanksgiving and a trip to Texas. Plus, I had to catch up with Ellen who was up a bit before my and added more to her novel.
So, by the afternoon, the two of us were glad to have a free day ahead of us. We got ourselves ready and took my dog Pepsi on a nice walk, cameras in hand, and discovered a serene little wood on the edge of my town. It was so quite and so pretty that we decided to take Pepsi home and come back with some wood we found the day before to whittle "wands" (another project of ours, we hope to sell them). We perched on a large downed tree in the early evening sun and had a wonderful time in the quietness.
So now, here we are, relaxing in the living room, our night free for television. I for one am very happy with the way NaNo is going so far. Hopefully it will continue to go this smoothly!
Ellen got off to a quicker start than I did, she was a typin' away as I struggled with a writing style. I deleted after two or three paragraphs of beginnings at least twice. For some reason, probably my fatigue, the story was coming off as really juvenile, not something I wanted. But finally, things began to fall into place and I was on my way. By around 1:30 Ellen and I had reached, even exceeded our minimal daily goal of 1667 words. We entered our word counts up to our NaNoWriMo pages and went to bed.
I woke up at 11:00am very happy that I didn't have a big word count goal ahead of me, I was feeling quite leisurely, happy that my day was free. Around lunch, I did decide to bump up my count to my ideal 2500 words, knowing that if I kept that count up each day, I'd be finished before the chaos of Thanksgiving and a trip to Texas. Plus, I had to catch up with Ellen who was up a bit before my and added more to her novel.
So, by the afternoon, the two of us were glad to have a free day ahead of us. We got ourselves ready and took my dog Pepsi on a nice walk, cameras in hand, and discovered a serene little wood on the edge of my town. It was so quite and so pretty that we decided to take Pepsi home and come back with some wood we found the day before to whittle "wands" (another project of ours, we hope to sell them). We perched on a large downed tree in the early evening sun and had a wonderful time in the quietness.
So now, here we are, relaxing in the living room, our night free for television. I for one am very happy with the way NaNo is going so far. Hopefully it will continue to go this smoothly!



1 Comments:
It's been a while since your last update. How's the writing project coming?
Post a Comment
<< Home