Monday, September 11, 2006

Pitter Patter of Little Critters

Just about a half-hour ago I was sitting on the couch, just relaxing, when I saw movement out of the corner of my eye near the television. My first thought was," Ew, big scary spider!" but I was wrong.

It was a mouse!

And I don't say, "Mouse!" as in, "Eek! Mouse!" I say is as in,"Aw, mousie!!! I want him!"

I love little critters like that...even if they are supposed to be pests.

The cute little brown mouse crept behind the television, and I calmly called out to my dad that there was a mouse in the living room. My father and I tried to corner him behind the TV where he hid, but he was out of our sightline, so dad gave up and went back down stairs. While my dad was out of the living room, the cute little mouse attempted sneaking off to a safer place, but to no avail. I watched him climb along the cords coming from behind the television, and he eventually darted away and into the coat closet (I think).

Gosh, he's a cute little guy. I realize that he's not good for the house, leaving little droppings and chewing up things, but I don't want him to get hurt. I'd love to safely catch him and either keep him caged, or take him somewhere away from here to live his short life unharmed. He's adorable. If my mom were back home from California, she'd think so too.

I hope we'll be able to trap him humanely...I love rodents!


UPDATE:
I caught him! He managed to make his way downstairs, where my dad called me down...in an attempt to corner him, he darted into the bathroom where he was trapped. I was alone with the scared little guy for a few minutes and finally managed to catch him about half way under a cup, as well as by the tail (it was chaos). He was squeaking, of course, and was a little skinny, but adorable nonetheless. I took him out back to the alley and set him free....I feel better now :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww! I bet he was cute!

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home