Thursday, August 03, 2006

Hoping For Help

I have a problem that is very disturbing to me. It is, literally, my dreams. You see, a side effect of many antidepressants, quite obviously including the brand I am on, is nightmares. I have terribly disturbing nightmares nearly every night. I can't control them and they seem to tether me down in my sleep, stopping me from waking. I don't know what to do, these dreams are so bothersome and handicapping. I can't seem to wake up properly, I keep getting pulled back into a terrible heavy sleep the moment I begin to wake in the morning.

These dreams seem to be escalating; last night, I was living as a girl killing her parents and boyfriend, who then cut her own throat to appear innocent. This horror came after I dreamed that I was on vacation on an island with my own family, dead bodies drifting to shore, and my father being attacked by a bear. I hate it. Who wouldn't? I don't know what to do about it.

Have any of you had this problem with antidepressants? I'm going to be switching to a cheaper brand soon and I hope that will help, but what if nothing changes? I'm asking for any advise anyone may have about controlling nightmares, because I really, really hate this.

1 Comments:

Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Shelly, why don't you get in touch with Waterfall at http://asortofnotebook.blogspot.com/

She struggles with depression (I'm not sure about nightmares) and may have some words of wisdom to offer you. Her e-mail address is posted on her Web site.

Blessings...

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home