Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Books and More Books

Tagged (sort of) by CaliforniaTeacherGuy, so read and enjoy. Or don't. Whatever.

1. One book that changed your life: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by JK Rowling. Yeah, I know that's wierd for a life-changing one, but it replenished my imagination and got me interesting in persuing writing seriously.

2. One book that you’ve read more than once: The Giver by Lois Lowry. I first read it as required reading in my high school Science Fiction class and reread it a few years later, after graduating. I highly recommend it!

3. One book you’d want on a desert island: The Bible. What better situation to study The Word than a place with no distractions?

5. One book that made you cry: Hm. There have to be others, but all I can think of is Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I'm not divulging why, though, you'll just have to read it yourself!

6. One book that you wish had been written: How to be a Successful Artistic Photographer in a Town Full of Tasteless Hicks. It's harsh, but basically true, my friends.

7. One book that you wish had never been written: Hm again. There and Back Again: An Actor's Tale by Sean Astin. Sorry, Sean, but the whole thing was basically a pitty party for your large ego. Not many of us care that you weren't as appreciated as you think you should have been in your portrayal of Samwise Gamgee.

8. The book you are currently reading: Star Trek: The Next Generation Gemworld: Book Two by John Vornholt. Easy read, guilty pleasure, sometimes ya just need that kind of thing.

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: Don't Kiss Them Goodbye by Allison DuBois. That's right, the woman that the television show, Medium, is based upon.

10. Now tag five people: Um, I don't really know five bloggers that read this regularly, so do it if it strikes your fancy!

1 Comments:

Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

I'm delighted to see your responses, Shelly! Thanks for playing along.

Now about that book with the hicks and the photographer...you may not have to write it. I keep watching your work on your photoblog and it's obvious that you have The Eye. (You know, the eye that enables you to see the world in ways that the rest of us can't even imagine.) Keep posting your photos. Believe me, people all over the world are going to start noticing. ;-)

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home