Someday...Somehow
You may or may not recall my saying that I would blog about Perky, the dog I most recently lost, within a few days of her death. Well, it obviously didn't happen. I wasn't ready to finalize her in that way...and I'm still not. The wounds have yet to heal...it's as though they are temporarily mended during the day time, but once again ripped open when darkness falls. I shed tears every night before I go to bed, reminded of the fact that I can no longer kiss Perky and tell her "Goodnight, Perky, ruvou, have a good shleep," before Dad puts her out to the backyard office, and her big comfy pillow, to go to bed.
I look at her picture on the fridge, one from 1991 or 1992 when she was young and lively, her eyes clear and twinkling, and recall all of the memories of her in our family. There are few, in fact, that don't include her existance in my life. I really do want to share those special memories and the qualities that made me love Perky so much, but I can't bring myself to do that yet.
I want to share in detail how Perky saved my life as a young child, how she would escape from the back yard and play games for us to catch her, and how, even in her unusually strong territorial traits, she once shared her back yard with two pet rabbits. One day (hopefully soon) I will tell these stories and immortalize her memory. For now, here's a photo of my dear family pet...
I look at her picture on the fridge, one from 1991 or 1992 when she was young and lively, her eyes clear and twinkling, and recall all of the memories of her in our family. There are few, in fact, that don't include her existance in my life. I really do want to share those special memories and the qualities that made me love Perky so much, but I can't bring myself to do that yet.
I want to share in detail how Perky saved my life as a young child, how she would escape from the back yard and play games for us to catch her, and how, even in her unusually strong territorial traits, she once shared her back yard with two pet rabbits. One day (hopefully soon) I will tell these stories and immortalize her memory. For now, here's a photo of my dear family pet...



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home