Tuesday, May 30, 2006

As the Fog Clears...

I feel inspired to write. To write with passion and elloquence, with heart and meaning. I haven't done that in a while and I realize that I miss it. When I take the time to write I feel so full, yet so elated. It's like I just poured my soul into a piece, but in return I have been refilled with overwhelming feelings of accomplishment, adrenaline, and the undeniable inspiration to write some more. As though every work of writing I finish is converted into a fuel for my mind, turning the gears in my creative being, and blessing me with new conceptions for another work. I love the idea that anyone who reads what I create is picking up a small piece of me, whether knowingly or not, and carrying it with them and sharing that piece with those they encounter, to be spread by those people and so on. The thought that I can introduce new ideas and new ways of thinking into someone's being is a powerful feeling. If even just one person out of a hundred that read my work takes something from it, I have still made an impact.

How could I have forgotten how wonderful writing well makes me feel? Perhaps it's been the losses I've endured, I don't know. What I do know is God has reminded me of my newest creative love, and I'm more than ready to get back to it. I'm more than ready to be fullfilled again. I want to turn the mundane into the amazing, to take my life's experiences and mold them into adventures worthy of taking a place among the great works of existing literature. That is one of my many dreams. One that I hope to make come true...

...one that I will make come true.

1 Comments:

Blogger Thomas_P said...

Hey Shelly...good thoughts...you're an amazing writer!

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home