Sun Bubbles Make My...Nevermind
Today was nice. I woke up near noon, had McDonald's with my dad around 1:30, then had my first swim with him in the back yard pool this year. The water was quite the perfect temperature and it was so hot out, the crazy Nebraska wind didn't even make me cold. Dad and I sat in the sun for a little while after, then I took Pepsi for a walk.
Such a simple day can come with such a complete feeling. The sadness is slowly dissipating from my immediate consciousness, though I still can't help but think of Stormy's tragedy when in the pool. It is, however, slightly counteracted by sweet memories of Mel swimming last summer. She snorted so loud when she swam, and her short legs couldn't paddle for too long until they began to tip her sideways. Then, when we took her out of the water, she would make her way under the porch and get frisky, to end up coming out covered in dirt. She looked adorable with dirt on her flat face and noser. I had planned to videotape her swimming this summer...Ok, the sadness is VERY slowly dissipating. I can't not miss them. It's impossible.
Right. Anyway...
The point of this entry is that I had a good, full day. I'm worn out from all that time in the sun, and yes, that's the good kind of worn out. Right now I'm eating chicken nuggets dipped in sour cream and chives mashed potatoes and country gravy. Later my dad and I are going to play a board game, and I'll probably finish my day with a DVD episode or two of The Dead Zone and a little reading of Will and Grace: Fabulously Uncensored.
I really do live a blessed life.
Such a simple day can come with such a complete feeling. The sadness is slowly dissipating from my immediate consciousness, though I still can't help but think of Stormy's tragedy when in the pool. It is, however, slightly counteracted by sweet memories of Mel swimming last summer. She snorted so loud when she swam, and her short legs couldn't paddle for too long until they began to tip her sideways. Then, when we took her out of the water, she would make her way under the porch and get frisky, to end up coming out covered in dirt. She looked adorable with dirt on her flat face and noser. I had planned to videotape her swimming this summer...Ok, the sadness is VERY slowly dissipating. I can't not miss them. It's impossible.
Right. Anyway...
The point of this entry is that I had a good, full day. I'm worn out from all that time in the sun, and yes, that's the good kind of worn out. Right now I'm eating chicken nuggets dipped in sour cream and chives mashed potatoes and country gravy. Later my dad and I are going to play a board game, and I'll probably finish my day with a DVD episode or two of The Dead Zone and a little reading of Will and Grace: Fabulously Uncensored.
I really do live a blessed life.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home