Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Too Many Tears Have Been Shed

My father and I buried Perky today. This year has been too hard, too sad. Perky just went too far down hill today, and the best thing we could do for her was to have her put to sleep. It was so hard deciding to take her to the vet. It was so hard saying goodbye and walking away.

We put her in the back yard, alongside the house, next to Stormy. She looked so sweet, so peaceful curled up in the box Dad brought her home in. I got to pet her and kiss her one more time before she was placed in her resting spot. We placed her in the blanket she'd been laying on in the house for that past few weeks and gently covered her with the soil. Now her body is resting in the yard she once loved and dominated, before her senility. I'm glad I went out to see her and participated in her burial. It really gave me a sense of peace and closure.

Perky's soul, her loyal essence is now with our other dear pets that have passed. She gets to be with Mel, Stormy, Lily, Punkin, and all the rest, free of the pains of arthritis, the confusion of senility. She now has her vision and hearing back, and her teeth are white and strong for chewing on tasty bones. She is forever in a lush and never-ending back yard, complete with fresh, cool, flowing water, and piles of "nummy-nums." Perky is there waiting with all the others for the day her people get to see her again and be with them all for eternity.

...Tomorrow I will do a kind of "Meet the Pets" on Perky, so you all will get to know why we loved her so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home