Thursday, May 04, 2006

25 Questions

Tom McCarty posted a list of 25 thought provoking questions, and I was intrigued enough to answer them:

1. If you had to pick a way to die, what would it be and why? As I mentioned in a previous post, I want to die saving someone's life, because it's the ultimate sacrifice.

2. If you could meet someone from your past that you have lost touch with, who would it be and why? A girl named Rachael that I met in 6th grade because she seemed like a good person, but I didn't get the chance to get to know her.

3. If you could only see two people before you died, who would they be and why? My parents because they love me the most and deserve to see me one last time in this life.

4. What is your greatest goal in life? To be a positive Christian role model as a writer, or in anything I choose to do, and to save as many animals as I can.

5. What has been your greatest accomplishment in life thus far? Just growing up, becoming who I am today.

6. Who has had the greatest impact on your life and why? There are many people that I appreciate for a wide range of reasons. But the obvious and most true answer is Jesus.

7. If you were given 1 million dollars and had to give it away, who or what would you give it to? If it had to be just one place/person to give it to, I'd pick the Humane Society, otherwise I'd also give to my sister, family, Kimberly, and some deserving strangers.

8. What things drive you to succeed in life? My faith, because it is my life.

9. What is the general end (reason/purpose) to everything you hope to achieve in life? To glorify God and make an impact on the world.

10. Who do you wish you could spend more time with and why? My best friend Kimberly because she's away at school and I love and miss her.

11. What do you look for in the opposite sex aside from physical characteristics? The first thing I notice is general demeanor. I get a sense about people right away. Things I consciously look for are faith, integrity, humility, and a creative nature.

12. What do you look for in a good friend? Originality in almost any form. A sense of subtlety. The ability to resist peer pressure and other shallow influences. A generous nature. I'm sure there's more...

13. Name a time when God has answered your prayer. This sounds small, but when I was younger, our dishwasher broke and we couldn't afford a brand new one, so when my father and I left the store, we prayed about it and on the way home, there was a free and perfectly functioning dishwasher on the lawn of Mae's Mall (little second-hand store).

14. Name a time when you were able to witness first hand the power/glory/splendor of God. I was watching my dad working on my brother's car. It was up on ramps and he went underneath, just behind the tire, I think it was the drive shaft he was trying to reach, but he couldn't reach it from there so he went under from the rear instead. When he took the drive shaft(?) out, the car started rolling back down the ramps. If my dad had been able to reach from behind the tire, he would have been crushed by it.

15. What does “living a good life” mean to you? It means being content with myself and my accomplishments.

16. When do you feel most vulnerable? Hm. When I'm talking about personal struggles, like my clinical depression.

17. When do you feel most powerful? When I'm creating things.

18. If you were placed in a dangerous situation where you had to either rescue a friend or an enemy (and not both), which one would you pick and why? That's a hard question. I'd probably die trying to save both, honestly.

19. Name a cause that you think is worth dedicating your entire life to. Animal Rescue

20. Which of your personal qualities do you wish to pass on to your children and which do you wish to prevent your children from acquiring? I want them to have my perceptiveness and ability to resist peer pressure and outside influences, such as picking up curse words from movies. I don't want them to get my anxiety.

21. If you were given an extra 2 hours in your day (26-hour day), what would you do with it? Gosh. Um, I really have no idea. Probably doing something creative or playing with my pets.

22. If you knew a loved one was going to die tomorrow, how would you treat them and what would you do with them? I hope I'd be able to treat them the way I always do, because I want to be loving to everyone I love all the time, but since no one's perfect I'd tell them I love them and not to be afraid.

23. If you could ask God one question, what would it be? That's a tough one. There really isn't anything I can think of that I can't wait until I die to know.

24. If you knew Jesus was returning tomorrow, how would you prepare? I'd try to open as many people's hearts to Him as possible

25. If you could share the Gospel with only one person, who would it be and why? Wil Wheaton, because he is such a good and talented person, but he doesn't believe in God. I don't actually know him, by the way.

1 Comments:

Blogger Thomas_P said...

Shelly...you gave some interesting responses! I'll have to post my answers sometime...I think my answers will always change depending on where I'm at in my life...but I think it helped me grasp what's really important in my life. Thanks for being open and honest!

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home