Ordinary Things
I've been having a lot of trouble blogging properly. I must be having some kind of emotion/writer's block. I don't have the passion I'm used to having when I write. I hope it's only a temporary thing. Anyway, in light of my block, I'm just going to write about a couple of random, ordinary things. Enjoy.
For a couple of weeks I've been thinking about joining a softball team. I love the game and I'm surprisingly good at it, but in the past I've had what I like to call "sports stage fright." The whole time I'm on the field I think, I'm going to make an idiot of myself. It's strange because I don't have actual stage fright. In fact, I love acting and performing. Perhaps it's the fact that I'm not pretending to be someone else when I play sports like I obviously would be in a play. Gosh, I love the game though. It's so American, so red, white and blue.
So, I think I'll go to my brother's practice tomorrow and just watch. Feel out the people and see if it's something I want to commit to. It might be easier to be on an adult team with my brother. It's the church team too, so I'm thinking there's a good chance they'll be nice. I only hope that if I do join the team, I get fair play time. I hope it's not something people will be too competitive or too serious about. I just want to be active and be around people this summer.
On another topic, Dharma went to the vet and got booster shots today. The poor kitty had an allergic reaction and was "itchy twitchy" all day. Her ears got red and hot, her skin crawled, her tail twitched, and she couldn't sit still. She looked really miserable. So, we took her back to the vet and she got two more shots to counteract the reaction. She looked so tired on the exam table. She probably hadn't had any naps all day.
When we got home and let her out of the pet carrier, she stumbled out as though she were dizzy, and it was a little scary. She couldn't walk properly, like the allergy shots made her feet lame. My mom was really worried, but in time Dharma's itchy twitchies wore off and she was walking more normally. Now she's asleep on the arm of the couch. Poor Dharma's pooped. We love that sensitive kitty.
For a couple of weeks I've been thinking about joining a softball team. I love the game and I'm surprisingly good at it, but in the past I've had what I like to call "sports stage fright." The whole time I'm on the field I think, I'm going to make an idiot of myself. It's strange because I don't have actual stage fright. In fact, I love acting and performing. Perhaps it's the fact that I'm not pretending to be someone else when I play sports like I obviously would be in a play. Gosh, I love the game though. It's so American, so red, white and blue.
So, I think I'll go to my brother's practice tomorrow and just watch. Feel out the people and see if it's something I want to commit to. It might be easier to be on an adult team with my brother. It's the church team too, so I'm thinking there's a good chance they'll be nice. I only hope that if I do join the team, I get fair play time. I hope it's not something people will be too competitive or too serious about. I just want to be active and be around people this summer.
On another topic, Dharma went to the vet and got booster shots today. The poor kitty had an allergic reaction and was "itchy twitchy" all day. Her ears got red and hot, her skin crawled, her tail twitched, and she couldn't sit still. She looked really miserable. So, we took her back to the vet and she got two more shots to counteract the reaction. She looked so tired on the exam table. She probably hadn't had any naps all day.
When we got home and let her out of the pet carrier, she stumbled out as though she were dizzy, and it was a little scary. She couldn't walk properly, like the allergy shots made her feet lame. My mom was really worried, but in time Dharma's itchy twitchies wore off and she was walking more normally. Now she's asleep on the arm of the couch. Poor Dharma's pooped. We love that sensitive kitty.



1 Comments:
Thanks Emily :) :)
Post a Comment
<< Home