Everyone's Paradise
I want to find my paradise. Sometimes I tell myself that I'm going to live in a private, airy bungalow on a sandy white beach in Hawaii. Other times I dream of that traditional family in a colonial town and a charming home with wood floors and crown molding. Still, other times I dream of that life as a successful actor in Los Angeles, or a life in the Rocky Mountains, a nice stone house on the edge of a clear mountain stream. Everyone has their own definition of paradise, a perfect life in a perfect setting.
Right now my mind is on the beach paradise. I would love to be a successful writer, able to work wherever I want and therefore have a private little stretch of beach, needing nothing more than my laptop and beach gear. That would be the life. It's so strange, a couple months ago my paradise would have been the traditional family, but now I feel like just going with the flow. I don't need a boyfriend right now. What I need is to learn about myself and maybe then I will desire a companion and a family. Then again, maybe not. It might not be God's plan for me, who knows? As of now, I'm not worried.
I want to focus on honing my talents and making something of myself. Something that the world will notice. It's true, I want people to know my name. I always have. The only thing that has changed over the last year or so is that I'm not so sure I want to be physically recognizable. A degree of anonymity can certainly be a good thing. I think life as a writer would be perfect for me. But really, I only pray that God leads me into His destiny for me, whatever that may be.
I am blessed to have an unwaivering faith, and such a good life right now. I know we are all given challenges and my toughest ones may lie ahead, but I also know God presents us with those challenges not only as a test, but to make us stronger in our faith. I know He will take care of me, and I know that as long as I work to glorify Him, He will give me my paradise.
Right now my mind is on the beach paradise. I would love to be a successful writer, able to work wherever I want and therefore have a private little stretch of beach, needing nothing more than my laptop and beach gear. That would be the life. It's so strange, a couple months ago my paradise would have been the traditional family, but now I feel like just going with the flow. I don't need a boyfriend right now. What I need is to learn about myself and maybe then I will desire a companion and a family. Then again, maybe not. It might not be God's plan for me, who knows? As of now, I'm not worried.
I want to focus on honing my talents and making something of myself. Something that the world will notice. It's true, I want people to know my name. I always have. The only thing that has changed over the last year or so is that I'm not so sure I want to be physically recognizable. A degree of anonymity can certainly be a good thing. I think life as a writer would be perfect for me. But really, I only pray that God leads me into His destiny for me, whatever that may be.
I am blessed to have an unwaivering faith, and such a good life right now. I know we are all given challenges and my toughest ones may lie ahead, but I also know God presents us with those challenges not only as a test, but to make us stronger in our faith. I know He will take care of me, and I know that as long as I work to glorify Him, He will give me my paradise.



2 Comments:
Great post.
Hi Shelly! Thanks for your comment. Welcome to blogging, and I'll look forward to reading more.
Post a Comment
<< Home