Everyday Stuff
We finally had a sunny day today after about four yucky grey windy days. My parents and I took advantage of the sun and lounged around out back. I got some work done on Stormy's grave, cleaning out dead leaves and tall grass in the area and edging it off with brick. The headstone hasn't arrived yet, but there's a place for it, and my dad is going to put a layer of cement on the dirt inside the brick area and I'll cover that with colorful stones. I obviously love my pets very much.
It's dark out now, getting ready to rain. I really love spring storms, the way the grey sky somehow makes the new green grass and leaves below it so vivid. Nebraska is in tornado alley, but so far my area hasn't had any close calls. Tornado weather is quite exciting and fascinating for me, and as long as no one is hurt, I love when they form nearby. I have yet to take a picture of a tornado and that's something I'd love to capture. Hail is pretty interesting to watch as well...
Changing the subject entirely, I've been looking in to adopting a new kitty. The zoo here at home has shrunk quite a bit and there's room to dish out some more animal lovin'. I browsed adoptable pets around my area on the internet and a gorgeous long haired tortoise shell kitty caught my eye. Her name is Mia and she is described as a little shy, just like Stormy. She is a few towns away and it will take up a good part of the day there and back to get her, but it would be worth it. I've emailed the shelter inquiring about the adoption process they have, and I really hope it works out. Mia looks like a sweetheart.
Changing the subject yet again, I have also been browsing ultra compact digital cameras on the net. I currently use a Canon Powershot S1 IS, and it's been great, but I need something tiny and of quality that I can carry everywhere because photography is a lovely addiction and there are photo opportunities all over the place. The camera I eventually buy will likely have more megapixels than my Canon, because it seems every camera does these days. I only have 3.2mp as of now, and I hope to upgrade to at least five. The brand will probably also be a Canon, otherwise a Sony. I'm pretty picky with my instruments and I take photography very seriously.
Below is one of my original photos , as well as a picture of Mia....have a good evening, all.
It's dark out now, getting ready to rain. I really love spring storms, the way the grey sky somehow makes the new green grass and leaves below it so vivid. Nebraska is in tornado alley, but so far my area hasn't had any close calls. Tornado weather is quite exciting and fascinating for me, and as long as no one is hurt, I love when they form nearby. I have yet to take a picture of a tornado and that's something I'd love to capture. Hail is pretty interesting to watch as well...
Changing the subject entirely, I've been looking in to adopting a new kitty. The zoo here at home has shrunk quite a bit and there's room to dish out some more animal lovin'. I browsed adoptable pets around my area on the internet and a gorgeous long haired tortoise shell kitty caught my eye. Her name is Mia and she is described as a little shy, just like Stormy. She is a few towns away and it will take up a good part of the day there and back to get her, but it would be worth it. I've emailed the shelter inquiring about the adoption process they have, and I really hope it works out. Mia looks like a sweetheart.
Changing the subject yet again, I have also been browsing ultra compact digital cameras on the net. I currently use a Canon Powershot S1 IS, and it's been great, but I need something tiny and of quality that I can carry everywhere because photography is a lovely addiction and there are photo opportunities all over the place. The camera I eventually buy will likely have more megapixels than my Canon, because it seems every camera does these days. I only have 3.2mp as of now, and I hope to upgrade to at least five. The brand will probably also be a Canon, otherwise a Sony. I'm pretty picky with my instruments and I take photography very seriously.
Below is one of my original photos , as well as a picture of Mia....have a good evening, all.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home