Sunday, June 04, 2006

No Words

I took a stab at poetry today. It's definitely not my strength and I don't do it much, but this is what came out when I began my freewrite. This one rhymes...that happened by accident...but there isn't a very consistant meter (is meter right? I haven't studied this since sophomore year in high school). Anyway, here it is:

What should I say?
There are no words, there’s just too much pain.
How can I ever again feel right,
When all that I’ve loved is so far out of sight?
Who could I tell that would understand?
There’s no one that feels the love that I can.
Holes in my heart, too gaping to fill,
Such blackness, so dark, and eerily still.
Just tell me why, why so soon and so sudden?
Why so many gone from the people that love them?
Some people say my love has been wasted,
But love, I say, is love, and it’s not overstated.

Just give me fulfillment, just show me the door,
What can I do to pick myself up from the floor?
It’s filthy down here, getting harder to bear,
And it’s driving me crazy, I’ve lost it, I swear.
Someone take back the sorrow and give me my loves,
I just want to hold them, just keep them above
The water, the liquid, consuming their lives,
And sending their souls to the heavenly skies.
Why can’t I keep them, held tight to my chest?
Why can’t they stay with me, so apart from the rest?
I just pray that my babies are waiting with Him,
The One, The Creator, He who died for our sins.

I’ll see them one day, in the heavens, on clouds,
I’ll hold them again, and know what it’s about.
There’s a reason for all, and it’s deep in my soul,
And when I go Home, answers will make me whole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home