Beware the Artsy Artist
*This article is not to be taken too seriously.*
There are many, I suppose one could call them breeds, of people that get on my nerves. I am a bit of a recluse, you see, and the behavior of others it often different from my own, and many times, that is not an attractive trait for me. One of these breeds would be the “Artsy Artist.” The Artsy Artist is the artist that feels the need to proclaim or conspicuously show off their creative inclination whenever the opportunity arises.
For instance, the Artsy Artist Photographer would not be able to resist toting their largest camera everywhere they go, even a department store, and conspicuously snap photos of the most random things, at the most “artsy” angles in the desperate hope that someone will take notice and ask, “Are you a photographer?” A question to which the Artsy Artist Photographer would likely answer heavily, “Yes, I am, but I’m working right now, you’ll have to ask your questions later.”
These Artsy Artists have the tendency to begin sentences with, “As an artist…” Or, “I’m an artist, so…” This gives the impression that the Artsy Artist feels superior in opinion compared to “everyday people” or “non-artists.” As though a decision on a paint color, an outfit choice, or an opinion on beauty is made more legitimate when spoken from the lips of the coveted Artist.
Some would say I am being hypocritical in my analysis of the Artsy Artist because I myself have been blessed with a very creative soul. Indeed I do enjoy photography, writing, drawing, crafts, and other artistic outlets, but I am definitely not the Artsy Artist. I get uncomfortable when people watch me snap pictures, or compliment my accomplishments. I don’t like being pointed out as “The Artist” in the group. I am not the kind of person that outwardly seeks attention for my artistic ways, and people that do are strange to me.
So, keep your senses sharp when in the presence of an artist, for they may turn out to be the Artsy Artist and you want to be prepared. Remember not to give in to sad attempts at seeking attention, because it’s like feeding animals at the zoo: you do it once, they will expect it every time.
There are many, I suppose one could call them breeds, of people that get on my nerves. I am a bit of a recluse, you see, and the behavior of others it often different from my own, and many times, that is not an attractive trait for me. One of these breeds would be the “Artsy Artist.” The Artsy Artist is the artist that feels the need to proclaim or conspicuously show off their creative inclination whenever the opportunity arises.
For instance, the Artsy Artist Photographer would not be able to resist toting their largest camera everywhere they go, even a department store, and conspicuously snap photos of the most random things, at the most “artsy” angles in the desperate hope that someone will take notice and ask, “Are you a photographer?” A question to which the Artsy Artist Photographer would likely answer heavily, “Yes, I am, but I’m working right now, you’ll have to ask your questions later.”
These Artsy Artists have the tendency to begin sentences with, “As an artist…” Or, “I’m an artist, so…” This gives the impression that the Artsy Artist feels superior in opinion compared to “everyday people” or “non-artists.” As though a decision on a paint color, an outfit choice, or an opinion on beauty is made more legitimate when spoken from the lips of the coveted Artist.
Some would say I am being hypocritical in my analysis of the Artsy Artist because I myself have been blessed with a very creative soul. Indeed I do enjoy photography, writing, drawing, crafts, and other artistic outlets, but I am definitely not the Artsy Artist. I get uncomfortable when people watch me snap pictures, or compliment my accomplishments. I don’t like being pointed out as “The Artist” in the group. I am not the kind of person that outwardly seeks attention for my artistic ways, and people that do are strange to me.
So, keep your senses sharp when in the presence of an artist, for they may turn out to be the Artsy Artist and you want to be prepared. Remember not to give in to sad attempts at seeking attention, because it’s like feeding animals at the zoo: you do it once, they will expect it every time.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home