Wanna Be My Benefactor?
I've been having a few photographic setbacks. Yesterday, I had some of my best work rejected by a stock photography website because my photos "don't meet their composition standards" and there may not have not been enough pixels. This was VERY frustrating. I was disheartened, not because I believed my photos weren't of a high enough standard, but because I couldn't believe what I read. I don't meet your composition standards? oh, come on now. I browsed this website's photographs, and the shots I entered, at the very least, matched the quality of what was displayed. I understood that my pictures do not have enough pixels though, because my Canon S1 IS only has 3.2 measly megapixels...a source of frustration for some time...but we'll get to that soon enough.
To add to my bad day, I went to have some of that 35mm film (I'm pretty sure I blogged about it) developed, only to find that none of the frames were viable. The photo tech said it must be a malfunction in the camera. I was so careful about taking quality photos and was so excited to see how I did...and nothing came of it. Frustrating. Very frustrating.
As a shutterbug to the point of OCD I was pretty upset by all the bad photographic news of the day, and the fact that my new medication has so far made me crazy dizzy and uncomfortably nauseated didn't help at all. Oh, and there's also the fact that the pop-up automatic flash on my Canon has decided not to close any more. A familiar desire has once again overcome me; I need a newer, better camera. I need more megapixels!!! I've been wanting - no - needing a Canon Digital Rebel EOS with at least 8 megapixels for the majority of the summer. I need a more professional camera if I want to expand my options as a serious photographer, and this one is the best...well, if one excludes the $3000 models.
So, why not just buy this new camera? Uh, yeah. I'm broke and jobless and this thing will be at least $700. And so we come to the main topic of my post this evening: Wanna be my benefactor? C'mon now, all you have to do is...uh...give me your credit card number *wink*. Oh, if only I were an heir to the Morton Salt empire (Morton's the last name, folks)! If only I wasn't too much of a wimp to get a "real" job. If only I had fairy godparents....
For now, all I can do is dream of my Canon Rebel. I hope to have this new appendage before the end of the year, but there's a good chance that won't happen. So, if you are independently wealthy and wanna make a girl's dream come true, fork over the dough!!
*sigh.* If only.
To add to my bad day, I went to have some of that 35mm film (I'm pretty sure I blogged about it) developed, only to find that none of the frames were viable. The photo tech said it must be a malfunction in the camera. I was so careful about taking quality photos and was so excited to see how I did...and nothing came of it. Frustrating. Very frustrating.
As a shutterbug to the point of OCD I was pretty upset by all the bad photographic news of the day, and the fact that my new medication has so far made me crazy dizzy and uncomfortably nauseated didn't help at all. Oh, and there's also the fact that the pop-up automatic flash on my Canon has decided not to close any more. A familiar desire has once again overcome me; I need a newer, better camera. I need more megapixels!!! I've been wanting - no - needing a Canon Digital Rebel EOS with at least 8 megapixels for the majority of the summer. I need a more professional camera if I want to expand my options as a serious photographer, and this one is the best...well, if one excludes the $3000 models.
So, why not just buy this new camera? Uh, yeah. I'm broke and jobless and this thing will be at least $700. And so we come to the main topic of my post this evening: Wanna be my benefactor? C'mon now, all you have to do is...uh...give me your credit card number *wink*. Oh, if only I were an heir to the Morton Salt empire (Morton's the last name, folks)! If only I wasn't too much of a wimp to get a "real" job. If only I had fairy godparents....
For now, all I can do is dream of my Canon Rebel. I hope to have this new appendage before the end of the year, but there's a good chance that won't happen. So, if you are independently wealthy and wanna make a girl's dream come true, fork over the dough!!
*sigh.* If only.



2 Comments:
Would that I could be your benefactor...but I can't.
Yet there must be a way for your dream to come true without resorting to begging, stealing, or...murder.
Think! What is it?
There is a way!
You are much too good a photographer to give up now.
Persist.
Dreams come true for those who persist.
I have a feeling you're one of those people.
Oh, I'm definitely one of those people. I found a photography contest where the winner gets the exact camera I want. It's a long shot, but worth a try
Post a Comment
<< Home