NaNo Update and More...
You may have noticed that I titled my previous blog to imply my intention to post daily updates on my NaNoWriMo progress...and that it obviously didn't work out that way. Surprisingly, I've kept crazy busy throughout the past couple of weeks, not only with NaNo, but with photography, a trip to see my sister and niece (including an ugly run-in with a freakish tumbleweed on the interstate--you cracked my momma's windshield, ya crazy Christmas tree!), and general exploration of the local surroundings with my cousin.
This upcoming week is going to be a doozy as well. There will be preparation for the next week's trip to Texas for Thanksgiving, two photoshoots with my cousin, a little bit of carving, and trying to keep up the pace with my novel. It shall be hectic, but I knew that coming into this whole NaNo thing. I really like it, but I'm also really tired. It's interesting.
So, here's my current National Novel Writing Month status. I am currently at 20,010 words, a count I just got to a few minutes ago after putting off noveling since Friday. I wanted to devote all of my attention to visiting my sister and GORGEOUS niece this weekend, so I got ahead a bit, reaching saturday's word count on Thursday. I am now only six words ahead of today's minimum word count, so I'm hoping to get myself about a thousand words ahead tomorrow so I can have that comfortable in-case-of-emergency pillow of novelling fluff.
As far as the novel's quality? Well, it went from promising, to fixable, to barely recognizable pretty quick, but I'm fully aware that this exercise is about the word count, about just getting it done so I know that I actually can do this, and it feels great to say I have written over 20,000 words in the time span thirteen days. The story still makes sense, but is full of unneccesary fluff, a couple of plot holes, and plenty of scenes that I'm already telling myself are going out the window come December. But it's all good. It's all good.
This upcoming week is going to be a doozy as well. There will be preparation for the next week's trip to Texas for Thanksgiving, two photoshoots with my cousin, a little bit of carving, and trying to keep up the pace with my novel. It shall be hectic, but I knew that coming into this whole NaNo thing. I really like it, but I'm also really tired. It's interesting.
So, here's my current National Novel Writing Month status. I am currently at 20,010 words, a count I just got to a few minutes ago after putting off noveling since Friday. I wanted to devote all of my attention to visiting my sister and GORGEOUS niece this weekend, so I got ahead a bit, reaching saturday's word count on Thursday. I am now only six words ahead of today's minimum word count, so I'm hoping to get myself about a thousand words ahead tomorrow so I can have that comfortable in-case-of-emergency pillow of novelling fluff.
As far as the novel's quality? Well, it went from promising, to fixable, to barely recognizable pretty quick, but I'm fully aware that this exercise is about the word count, about just getting it done so I know that I actually can do this, and it feels great to say I have written over 20,000 words in the time span thirteen days. The story still makes sense, but is full of unneccesary fluff, a couple of plot holes, and plenty of scenes that I'm already telling myself are going out the window come December. But it's all good. It's all good.



1 Comments:
That word count is absolutely amazing! Of course, as you've admitted, there's some fluff. Words will have to be cut. But I'm sure there's lots of good stuff as well. And the end product, after all the cutting and pasting and revising, will be worth your effort--and our reading. Onward!
Post a Comment
<< Home