Thursday, November 01, 2007

November 1st

I am

So

Tired.

The job I work at the animal clinic is fairly physical. I have to herd (and often wrestle) dogs of all sizes from kennel to kennel. There's a lot of lifting of dogs and 20-40 pound bags of dog food, bending to pick up poo and clean cages, and scrubbing the residue of said poo. Sometimes there's running. My days last 9 1/2 hours and on my regular schedule, I still come home dead tired, needing nothing less than my next day off to recover.

This week, the other kennel worker is sick. I have been working since Tuesday. I have to work tomorrow. And probably the next day (my 21st birthday). Oh, and the next day too.

I'm not made to handle working day after day after day. I actually get sick when I'm worked too hard. I almost cried when I was told I would have to work three more days in a row. Ok, I kinda did.

All this happening at the start of National Novel Writing Month. The first few days are crucial to finishing the novel. They set the routine that keeps a writer going. I've only been able to write about 300 words so far.

One thing did make me smile today though. When I got home from work, tears lingering in my eyes from pure fatigue, I opened the door to see a Fed Ex package sitting on the kitchen table. It was a birthday present from my best friend that I got to finally meet this summer. Thank you so much, Dear, I needed that.

1 Comments:

Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Happy birthday a few days late! I hope you've gotten some rest since you wrote this post. Be well.

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home