Thoughts and News
I've finally heard back from the doc at the vet clinic about my job. I start Thursday. Pay is reasonable. Hours are nice. I'm really looking forward to it, I think it will bring some good changes for me.
I'm still stuck on many things in my life. I don't know if this little town will ever be enough to make me happy...my best friend thinks I need to be in a bigger city...part of me agrees. Part of me wants to stay in this familiar little place, even if it often feels toxic. I crave the anonymity that comes with a big city...but I love the quiet simplicity of smaller towns. I don't like suburbs much. They feel fake, forced. I want exposure to eclectic life, yet I also like traditional living.
I've said this before; I'm a girl of many contradictions.
There's got to be a happy medium somewhere, right?
I'm still stuck on many things in my life. I don't know if this little town will ever be enough to make me happy...my best friend thinks I need to be in a bigger city...part of me agrees. Part of me wants to stay in this familiar little place, even if it often feels toxic. I crave the anonymity that comes with a big city...but I love the quiet simplicity of smaller towns. I don't like suburbs much. They feel fake, forced. I want exposure to eclectic life, yet I also like traditional living.
I've said this before; I'm a girl of many contradictions.
There's got to be a happy medium somewhere, right?



1 Comments:
Congratulations on getting the job! It sounds just perfect for you at this time in your life.
Yes, small towns can be toxic. (I lived in small towns until I finally moved to Denver in high school.) But they can also be healing. It all depends on which path you choose: toxicity or healing. The "happy medium" of which you speak consists of the wise choices you make day by day--no matter where you are.
Post a Comment
<< Home