I can't choose who I love...
I made the mistake of going to the Humane Society in a nearby town today...and I fell in love.
The dog's name is Midnight. She's Sheltie/Austrailian Shepherd mix. Out of all the dogs at the shelter - The doxies, the pit bulls, the labs - Midnight's sweet little soul touched me. She was melancholy and loving. People walked past her cage because she wasn't like all the others, begging for attention. I knelt down and reached my fingers through her cage door to pet her and she sat up and accepted my love, silently wagging her tail. I made kissing noises at her and she leaned in closer to her door as if poised for a kiss....then when I brought my face close to hers, she gave me gentle kisses.
I could see such...quiet love in her eyes. She was lovely.
No, I didn't take her home. I live with my parents and they weren't sure. I just feel something from Midnight that makes me want to be hers. And she needs a home, she deserves to be loved and spoiled. I talked with my parents and they agreed to let me email the humane society to ask more about Midnight, see if she does well with other animals, what her history is, etc.
Maybe when I get back from California I'll have a new furry child to spoil...
The dog's name is Midnight. She's Sheltie/Austrailian Shepherd mix. Out of all the dogs at the shelter - The doxies, the pit bulls, the labs - Midnight's sweet little soul touched me. She was melancholy and loving. People walked past her cage because she wasn't like all the others, begging for attention. I knelt down and reached my fingers through her cage door to pet her and she sat up and accepted my love, silently wagging her tail. I made kissing noises at her and she leaned in closer to her door as if poised for a kiss....then when I brought my face close to hers, she gave me gentle kisses.
I could see such...quiet love in her eyes. She was lovely.
No, I didn't take her home. I live with my parents and they weren't sure. I just feel something from Midnight that makes me want to be hers. And she needs a home, she deserves to be loved and spoiled. I talked with my parents and they agreed to let me email the humane society to ask more about Midnight, see if she does well with other animals, what her history is, etc.
Maybe when I get back from California I'll have a new furry child to spoil...



1 Comments:
How soon do you have to decide about Midnight? Sometimes these decisions need to be made quickly. I hope you have the time you need to make the wisest decision possible.
Post a Comment
<< Home