Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Home





Hello my friends, I'm home from my California vacation! Some of it was awful...ok, a good portion of it was awful, but the good parts? Well, they were amazing. Potentially life-changing even.


I had the best weekend of my life with my best friend, taking pictures, talking, just sitting and taking things in. I could be myself and feel good about it, which was a wonderful gift. I learned a lot from him photography wise, especially in the area of low-light photography. It was just one of those times that was such a treasure, I really like to keep most of it to myself, and I think the experience will become a pivotal memory in my life.


I went to my first professional baseball game with my brother, we saw the Oakland A's. They won, which was great for my brother, but the reason I loved the experience so much was because of how relaxed the environment is, and how American I felt just being there.

I'm so glad to be home though, and I'm so exhausted from the whole trip! Tomorrow I'm doing a little trial run to see if I like the vet job I interviewed for. That's right, the job will be offered to me if I like it, which I'm fairly certain I will!

Maybe I'll elaborate more on the trip later, but for now, this is all my tired brain will let me squeeze out.

2 Comments:

Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Luscious shot of the Bay Bridge! I'll check out more of your photos on flikr.

Job offer? To work with animals? Why wouldn't you take it?

Sorry your visit to the Golden State was "awful"--but maybe it will help you to appreciate home that much more. Nebraska's really not all that bad!

9:43 PM  
Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Uh, that was the Golden Gate Bridge. What was I thinking???!!!

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home