Saturday, May 26, 2007

Saturday

What to say, what to say, Dear Readers? It's been an interesting day. I had a garage sale, which is always a fascinating/exhausting experience, but got rid of lots of stuff and made some money, which is good. What I really don't understand though is, when a person makes a lower offer on an item even though they have more than enough money to pay the already low price. I had a hair straightener contraption with charger, instruction manual and video, barely used, priced at $8. The lady that wanted it offered $5 which I accepted. And then? She pulls out a one-hundred dollar bill to pay for it! She couldn't pay the extra three dollars?! Come ON. Another example is when someone makes an offer on an item claiming, "That's all the money I have!" pays for the item, THEN shops around a little more and buys a few more things. Uhhhh, where'd the extra money come from? No, I'm not exaggerating. Fun times.

I will never work in retail (again).

All the profit is going toward fixing my beloved laptop that's been out of commission for months. Actually it's probably been unusable for only a month or two, but it seems like forever to me! My poor "Julian" needs a new motherboard just to fix the broken charger port. 'Spencive I tell you, but a necessary fix. I'll be glad to be doing all my internet and computational work from the couch again instead of in an uncomfortable computer chair at a desk. I'm spoiled, I know.

Hope you all have a safe and fun Memorial Day Weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home