Monday, May 14, 2007

Answered Prayers

I've been praying about something most people pray about: money. I haven't been asking the Lord to let me win the lottery, or to get some big inheritance...I've been asking the Lord to show me that my aspirations for my own little career are going to work out, that they have potential. A few weeks ago, I put up flyers all over town advertising pet care services that I was offering, including dog walking and pet sitting. And after fearing that my endeavors to be not only secure with a job, but proud of what I was doing were going nowhere in the route I was taking, I got a call.

On Thursday of this week, I will begin my first pet sitting job. It's just a short, five-day thing for two dogs, and I won't be making any life-altering amount of money, but SOMEONE CALLED! It wasn't a relative taking pity on me, it wasn't a friend of a friend responding to pressure, it was a call from someone I don't know, seeking my services. So, now I know. There is potential. It's possible. And I am so thankful.

1 Comments:

Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

As Ecclessiastes says, you cast your bread upon the waters and it returned to you. Hooray!

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home