Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Tell Me A Story

I love to read, but many times, I only have the quiet time at night, sitting in bed, to do so. I love getting caught up in a story and relating to the characters, or relating to the topic of the non-fiction work. But lately I've been getting too tired to read in bed, yet not quite tired enough to fall asleep. The solution? I'm trying out audio books of books I have already read. I feel like listening to a book I haven't read would be cheating somehow.

I just finished listening to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. It was interesting to hear it read by another person. I enjoyed it, but the book is so familiar to me and I had the influence of the movie in my head, so I didn't enjoy it as much as I think I would have if I had only read the book once and wasn't so familiar with the movie.

Now, I'm listening to Michael Crichton's Prey. I've only read this book once, and it was months ago, so I have really been able to get into the audio version. I am familiar enough with the story to not have to listen too intently while I lay in bed, it's still new enough that I get into the story. It's a great form of relaxation.

Of course, I'll always love a good old fashioned book!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home