Saturday, May 05, 2007

Unconventional

If you asked me to describe myself, one of the words I'd use would be unconventional. And contradictory...but that's another blog. The reason I'd use "unconventional" as a descriptive word is because in many senses, I'm not one to go with the crowd. No, not for the sake of being different, but because there is so much beauty that goes unseen because everyone's too busy following the beaten path.

As I've mentioned once (or twelve) times before, I'm going to San Francisco this summer to see family and meet a very dear friend. While I want to see the sights, it's not necessarily going to be the traditional sights. I'm very fond of discovering little-known places, spots uncrowded by tourists. Actually, my ideal vacation would be exploring an overgrown, private tropical island, living like the characters on "Lost"...except without the Others. Or that spooky smoke monster.

Amusement park rides, dinner theater, hotel pools, and walking on pavement all day is fine for everyone else. So have fun with your Disney World Tickets.

1 Comments:

Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

I'm glad you can't stand the Disney fantasy scene (Disneyland is practically next door to where I live). I can't either.

Congratulations on your perfect grammar quiz score!

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home