Real Women Have Curves
I spent the day shopping with my mother today. We were on the hunt for some clothes and a swimsuit for my trip to California. Man, what a tiring day! We left the house around 10:00am and didn't get home until 4:00pm. We started our shopping trip at the mall, looked through JCPenney, Vanity, Old Navy, and Herbergers. What came of it? ONE pair of capri pants. Not bad I guess, since I found SOMETHING, but still, not good.On we went to Target, KMart, and WalMart, to have close to the same luck. A plain t-shirt and a pair of comfy pants from Target, another pair of capris from WalMart and nothing from KMart.
You know what the problem is? It is getting more and more difficult to find stylish clothes that are made to fit a woman with CURVES. It may seem like it from all the magazines, but not all young women are hipless stick figures! I have a waste, hips, and a chest, and they just won't fit into that little, curveless t-shirt, no matter how hard I try. My mother was ready to call it a day and go home but I asked her, out of sheer desperation, if we could go back to the mall and look at the two other clothing stores that were slightly more expensive.
We went (I love my mommy!) and I browsed the first store, Maurice's, while Mom rested on a bench. And guess what? I picked up three shirts, tried them on, and they all fit! I miracle I tell you! The second store, The Buckle, had nothing, and I never found a swimsuit, but thank goodness for Maurice's, there is still hope for women with curves!
You know what the problem is? It is getting more and more difficult to find stylish clothes that are made to fit a woman with CURVES. It may seem like it from all the magazines, but not all young women are hipless stick figures! I have a waste, hips, and a chest, and they just won't fit into that little, curveless t-shirt, no matter how hard I try. My mother was ready to call it a day and go home but I asked her, out of sheer desperation, if we could go back to the mall and look at the two other clothing stores that were slightly more expensive.
We went (I love my mommy!) and I browsed the first store, Maurice's, while Mom rested on a bench. And guess what? I picked up three shirts, tried them on, and they all fit! I miracle I tell you! The second store, The Buckle, had nothing, and I never found a swimsuit, but thank goodness for Maurice's, there is still hope for women with curves!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home