Saturday, February 03, 2007

Subscribe

There's a magazine for just about everything these days, isn't there? I've seen weight loss magazines, hair style magazines, star trek magazines, and we all know there are far too many celebrity and tabloid mags. I haven't had any magazine subscriptions for a few years. These days I'd be most interested in weight loss, cooking, and home style magazines, but the last subscription I had was to Entertainment Weekly.

I let that subscription run out. Why? Those people are so....antagonistic. They have something judging to say about everything, they act like their word is the only, the first, the last. I was sick of reading insults about my favorite books, music, and movies. I was sick of them trying to tell me what's good and what's not, what's in and what's out. I can decide for myself, and I like to think I have pretty good taste, thank you very much!

Anyway, I still love how there's such a variety of magazines out there. I prefer to stay away from the Entertainment Weekly's and the teeny bopper Cosmo Girl's. There are still some with good info on your subject of interest, WITHOUT too much antagonism. We can really do without that junk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home