Saturday, June 16, 2007

Lexi and the Magic Map

Oh, how very excited I am! Ever since completing National Novel Writing Month last November, I have longed for the rush that comes with writing a book. For the past few months I've been held back from writing much by the fact that my laptop was out of commission. Now that I have my new computer (his name is Joaquin, by the way),it's no longer an issue, and a wonderful idea for a book has come to me.

My niece, Lexi, is such a beautiful, special little girl. She has more personality in her sweet little pinky than most toddlers have in their whole body. Trust me. Her expressions are animated, her voice is full of character, and she knows what she wants - and what she doesn't want. She's loving and expressive. She's sassy and hard-headed. She's perfect. And I want to immortalize her.

So, I'm writing a book...hopefully a series, actually, with the main character (though a few years older to allow for a more developed plot line) modeled after dear Lexi. So far, the plot ideas are just flowing out, like it's meant to be. I'm really excited to get some more details hammered out, and begin a first draft. Unlike my completed NaNoWriMo novel, I think this idea has great publishing potential.

Yay! I have lots of writing to do, and I can't wait to get started!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home