Friday, January 26, 2007

Shrinkin'

A few posts back I mentioned that I went through a low point in my depression and had found a way to take care of it. Well, other than upping my dosage, I'm also going to counseling now. There are issues I have that were never resolved, I was never 100% and I'd love to at least get to 95%. I had my first session on Wednesday and I think the whole thing is really going to help me.

There's just one problem. Pricing of each session is based on a sliding income scale and because I live with my parents, I must include their income to determine payment. Why is that bad? Well, before, when I thought it would be based on my measly income, I would have only paid $5 a session. Now, we may not even be able to afford the therapy. If my parents, in the system's opinion, make good money, then I may be charged up to $100 a session! We. Can't. Afford. That.

I really hope payment will be lower, because I need this help, and I really like my counselor. It seems unfair to me that even though I'm an adult, just because I live with my mom and dad, that they should have to pay for my therapy. What if this were something I didn't want my parents to know about? How would I explain that I need their pay stubs? And then how would I get the money I'm supposed to have in order to pay for the help? Seems to me like there are a few flaws in the system.

Anyway, wish me luck with this new endeavor, and if you have any advice on the subject, I'd appreciate it :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home